Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bad dog, and I don't mean mine

First, Dave and Darlene have been out of town. that has been lovely. I realized at one point that their being out of town meant that I could let Sabrina and Buddy run amok. At any rate, I heard the barker dogs at about 10pm the other night . . . hmm I thought in my sleep odd. Sabrina gets up at about midnight and goes outside. I hear her bark. Rotten dog I think, good thing D & D aren't home. Got up in the morning and realized, oops, I think they got home last night. (okay, so this story is my dog bad dog, but their dogs barked at ten and woke me, so I owed them one.

However, for the last two nights I have heard a dog barking incessently barking during the night. Made me think of Mom and Dad with their tale of woe regarding the neighbor dog. Well, last night it woke me at about 3. By 4 I was losing my ever loving mind. So, I got up and headed out the door determined to at least know who the culprit was. Turns out it is a big furry dog that lives behind Emily. I went down the alley, and he was squeezed between the fence and a storage shed. Poor thing. But if he barks again tonight, he's getting a doggie treat with benadryl!

No comments:

Post a Comment