Thursday, November 29, 2007

There are times. . .

as I write into the abyss that I wonder why I do it. I do think it is a relief to write about the ridiculous stuff that happens to me, but there are times I'd really like to let loose and can't just in case this sucker gets found by just anybody. sigh.

I got a new laptop which I have to say is just in time. My current laptop has a button that has popped off, the I doesn't capitalize very well. In generally, it was time for a new one. Of course I need to be able to add a bunch of stuff to the new computer for it to be functional and I really need Chuck to come over and help me.

The Photographer Shawn disaster continues to grow. I'm not sure of what to say. I'm keeping the emails because they just seem to point to the insanity.

His latest email says and I quote,"Does hphs know that you left your workday repeatedly to work at another job? I don't have the luxury to defraud my employer to work for someone else on their dime. "

So, when I responded, "I'm sorry you feel it is appropriate to threaten me. I would expect if you had learned anything from working with me it is that I will not ever cower from the truth. "

To which he responded, " I have never threated anyone that I have ever worked with. Please quit misrepresenting me."

Now, did that sound like a threat to anyone else?

I believe he is referencing the times I have left at lunch, done an interview and gone back to school. Just to reassure any one who actually thinks there is any credence to what he said: 1. I think I work long enough hours and produce a good enough book, no one at HP feels defrauded. 2. Even if someone decided taking lunch to interview people was horrifying, then I would stand up and take my lumps. Like I'm going to let some putz threaten me.

No comments:

Post a Comment