Tuesday, November 13, 2007

You know it is going to be good . . .

when it requires a mid-day entry.

I got home last night to find a note under the mat. It wasn't a horrifying note, but it was a note none the less. I'll try to remember to scan and post the note tonight. At any rate, it was a note that pushed me over the edge. I didn't sleep well. I feel like I am living under a reign of terror. These people are harassing me, and there is nothing I can do about it.

Soooo, I'm whining away, when one of my students reminds me her dad is a lawyer. She calls him and tells him the scoop. He says that I can file a complaint with the City of Dallas. I should write them a letter telling them I will file a complaint if they harass me any more. I like that a lot. So, then I go to Officer Sherrill (We just got a police liaison in the building which has proved to be useful!)

Officer Sherrill tells me the same thing!! Happy happy, joy, joy. Below is the letter I have written. Feel free to comment as necessary.

November 13, 2007
Mr and Mrs Rosen,

It is unfortunate that the situation has come to this. You have made your desires clear and there is no need for any further communication between us on this issue.

The section of the City of Dallas ordinance regarding animal noise makes no reference to hour of the day.

Noise made by any animal is considered unreasonable if it continues for more than 15 minutes or exceeds the sound pressure level allowed in a residential district. A person who is disturbed by an animal who unreasonably barks, howls, crows, or makes other unreasonable noise may file a disturbance complaint with Dallas Animal Services, who will mail a notice to the owner.

This is also according to the letter that was sent to me by the City of Dallas in response to your complaint. The City of Dallas code enforcement representative informed me that you also received a copy of the letter and are therefore aware of the parameters to lodge a complaint. With that in mind, please do not communicate with me in any way regarding the dogs. If you wish to make a complaint, please do so to the City of Dallas at (214) 670-4439.

If you choose to communicate with me regarding the dogs, I will immediately contact the City of Dallas Police Department to file harassment charges.

Well, what do you think? To the point, polite, specific?

No comments:

Post a Comment