Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday Evening

It has been a good day with the girls getting a lot done. We grabbed Mark Herron, design guru who helped us come up with this theme and idea in the first place, and went to dinner at In and Out. (Famous burger place only on the west coast I think.) I enjoyed getting to talk to him and hang out. He recently moved to Dallas and only lives a couple of miles from me.

I think there are going to be some problems when we get back to Dallas. 1. I have 3 senior editors and that now know more of what the book should look like and the rules of design and how everything should be than the editors-in-chief. I already have to have a come to Jesus with the eic's about putting forth the type of effort that this book will require. sigh.

Comparing this workshop to Cindy and Tread's, I have to say their's is much better. It is organized to give more time to the kids to actually work on their books, and it is more efficient. It starts first thing Monday morning and ends Wednesday night. This one starts late morning and ends late morning Thursday.

I'm feeling confident that having them arrive Sunday and leave Friday is going to be a really good choice because it gives us time on the front and back end to get more done.

2 comments:

  1. Well at least some of the editors will know what to do. How come the chiefs couldn't make the trip?
    Still waiting for a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two are in Spain and one is at camp. Sorry, I'm busy and by the time we slow down it is a little late to call.

    ReplyDelete