Thursday, July 19, 2007

This is it

So, I finished in Denton late Tuesday night, and got to the airport early Wed morning to try to get an early flight to Boston for the November learning conference. It is really cool. It is really about incorporating technology into the classroom etc. Part of the greatness is that they ENCOURAGE people to have their laptops in the sessions. The fun is that I can go straight to websites that they talk about and take notes on the computer.

The session I am in now is taught by Dr. Tyson at Mabry Middle School in Cobb County (for those that don't know that is the county in which my sister, Monica, resides.)

So, while I learn about blogging, I am blogging. When I started the blog, it was to keep everyone up on my life, but also to contemplate life etc. I want to think about things and reflect.

I know my yearbook classes are totally self-teaching and learning and all of that stuff. BUT my English class isn't. I know they are dingy freshmen, but there are a lot of things I can do.

I think I'm going to have them do journaling on-line (blogging) as they reflect on what they are learning. I also want them to create vod-casts of what they have learned; i.e. do a unit on poetry, and have kids do a dissection etc. cool huh?

While I was sitting here, I found a couple of websites that are really cool. One shows kids how to diagram an argument. How cool is that?

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment