Friday, July 20, 2007

Last day

The keynote is Dr. Young Zhao. He has a thick accent, but a great sense of humor. Just said technology redefines talent. hmm. Interesting thought. Now he is talking about concept of the flat world. Once again I want to remind everyone to read The World is Flat. Amazing book. He just mentioned a book I'm in the middle of reading. Daniel Pink A Whole New Mind. It talks about how the world is changing (a theme perhaps?) Going from information age to conceptual age. (This includes aesthetic, contextual, synthetic, metaphorical, simultaneous) Essential aptitudes design, story, symphony, empathy, play, meaning. hmmmm.

As I sit here thinking about alllll of the things I want to change in my classroom, and the girls trying to do the most creative yearbook ever done, and my trying to write a book that doesn't seem to be writing itself very easily, I also think about my eye tick and how pronounced it is going to become in the coming months. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment