Friday, July 20, 2007

Lobby

I should be in a session right now, but I'm sitting in the lobby giving my poor head a rest. I feel the same way I did at the workshop/convention I went to teaching how to use the promethean smart boards in the classroom. My mind is spinning with all of the possibilities. My brain hurts.

While I am sitting here with approximately 9 other people from the convention or not (not sure), three are reading the newspaper, 7 are on computers or palms (including myself obviously). Interesting. No one is actually talking. Well, two of the gusy are looking at one computer and talking about something.

ONe of the presenters remarked on how much money is being spent to create networks etc at schools and then how much is being spent to keep kids off the internet (I can't even begin to describe how many internet sites that are benign are blocked AND what a pain it is to get them unblocked.

I don't know where the rest of the group is. . . I doubt that they are all in sessions. But they could be. We are taking a bus to the airport at 1:00pm. (It cost me $55.00 to get a cab here on Wed). The bus is free. However, the 2:30 Flight (I'm not on it) has lots of open seats. I'd love to leave earlier and get home earlier, but I doubt the bus manages to get us there with enough time to catch the 2:30. BUMMER.

Did I mention that in my one week home before leaving for San Diego with students I have 3 days of training (on the promethean board which I desperately need) ? I am going to have to learn to get by with a lot less sleep if I'm gonna get the real estate book done.

I keep forgetting to post pictures from Europe etc. I really want to do that too. Ah the to do list continues to grow . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment