Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Caffeine late in the day . . .

is always a mistake. Why, oh why, do I do that to myself. If I had my stupid calling card, I could just call MB. I know she's up cause it's the middle of the day over there.

Well, let's catch everyone up on the exciting life and times of edp.

Got back from the happiest place on Earth Saturday evening. We arrived at the airport only to find that our flight had been cancelled. Luckily, we were there early enough to get on an earlier flight. Our luggage even managed to get on the plane.

We arrived and poor Barry had left the light on in his car so his battery had died. Got him jumped and then headed home.

Diane had left the hellion at my house earlier in the day, so she and Cat were there to greet me when I arrived.

Sunday Mom and Dad came over. They helped me get the teaster off the hallway floor and on top of the four posters, and we put together and hung the swing for my front porch!! It is awesome. I'll take pictures asap and get them online for everyone to see. Sunday afternoon my neighbor Emily and I went to Whole Foods got some snacks for the neighborhood and had a porch party to break in the new swing. Diane came over and we hung out for a couple of hours.

Monday began my crazy two days of trying to get everything done before going out of town again. I had scheduled a lunch to meet my new research assistant for the book. Christine. She was great, so I feel much better about the situation. I met with Shawn to work on the spread designs, and he graciously suggested we meet weekly to make sure we are on top of things. He is so awesome. The book is going to look amazing because he is an incredible designer.

I started calling Hall of Famers on Monday to schedule appts. One of them wanted to do it Tuesday. Yikes. So I had the first interview that the lady actually cancelled half way through cause she was on medicine that made her loopy and the second one that I realized about half way in wasn't videotaping, so I only have half of it recorded. Grrrr.

I got a couple more scheduled for two weeks out, and I need to get busy calling everyone else.

Before leaving this morning for New York I did manage to get the sheets on the bed changed, the house cleaned and the laundry done. I think the pipes to the alley will all be replaced with the lawn mostly back to the way it was by the time I return. It is very muddy. I should have gotten a photo of the kitchen after Sabrina came back inside last night. I had to bath her and then mop down the kitchen.

We arrived in NYC at about 4 or so this afternoon. I had a coke with dinner which is why I am now sitting in a very dark hotel room typing away. Everyone else is asleep (Diane, Merrill and Kendall).

We walked from about 6th street and 7th ave to East of 5th and 32nd. My feet are a little uncomfortable cause I was wearing flip flops but the weather is awesome today. I hear it may snow Friday. Of course. In the meantime, our hotel is on the boiler system which means no air conditioning because they are still set up for heat. I brought my flannel pj's (fool that I am), but I'm wearing a t-shirt and yoga pants tonight. We have the windows open (thank heavens they function), but there is constructioning going on right below us, so it is quite noisy.

There was a really cute store by the hotel that had hair bands. I got a couple because these don't hurt my head. In the world of headbands, I am a fat head. Really fat. Painfully. When I find some that don't hurt, it's a really good idea to get them!

Tomorrow we are going to head up to Columbia for the convention. We have plans to meet up with Blair, Pascal and Laura. I think one of Harry's boys might be there too, but I can't remember which one. Friday night we are going to the opera!! It will be the first one for the other three, La Traviata, so I'm really excited to be taking them. Mom if you read this, call and tell me the one sentence summary from your book. Those always crack me up.

Internet access has been spotty, but I'll try to get on and update tomorrow. If any one gets the chance between about noon and 2pm to get online - go to Highstone pet lodge in Dallas and see if you see Sabrina playing on the puppy cam.

I'm going to go play solitaire now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment