Monday, October 6, 2008

Working hard on the home front

First, let me say, that I am the only one working hard on the home front. The dogs continue to act like prisoners, as they bark out "help us we are trapped like rats." That is when they are not lolling about sleeping. I, on the other hand, have been working hard. For instance, Dad brought a huge trash can and four buckets of Bull kaka. Now, I ask you could a father love a daughter more than to go harvest the bull kaka to be used in her garden? I say No. That is a testament of love. I have pulled all of the grass from the garden, pulled the two very unweldy bush roots from the garden. I have tilled the soil, and I am ready for any and all plant donations. . . But I must confess I have had some fun . . .

For instance, Randy and Diana had a mojito party one Sunday. It was lots of fun. In fact it was probably two drinks more fun than I should have had. Party ended at 5, but it took a little while for sobriety to win out on the mojitos. So R & D and I hung out and danced. We had a great time. I think we all agreed the after party was more fun than the original party : ) Less fun, but still the makings of an interesting day is the Friday I took off to take my friend R to have a quick hospital visit. Sadly, although the procedure only took half a day, I ended up with a massive headache and took a nap until it was time to work the football game. . . ok, so that wasn't all that much fun, but I had a picture so I had to include it some how. And so ends this little tale . . .

1 comment:

  1. Such a mix of concepts: Hard work. Bulls**t. Friends in need and friends indeed. The dogs...we won't even go there. :P

    I'm glad you had a chance to have a good time. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete