Monday, October 6, 2008

Thursday Night at the Arboretum

A couple of weeks ago I went over to check on Jim, Pam's widower. He's still pretty sad, but all in all I think he is doing well. I think he likes the idea that I was Pam's student and so close to her. It makes him feel closer to her.

At any rate, I invited myself to a party with Jim and his son, Tom, a senior in high school. I know it was wrong, but it was at a really cool warehouse that they turned into a house. Thursday we went to the Arboretum for the concert in the park. It was really cool. I'd never been before.

It was a long walk through the park to get to the outdoor theater. We passed a flower shaped like a pumpkin and then a house made of pumpkins. I can't remember the name of the band but they sounded a lot like Stevie Ray Vaughn. The problem is that it sounded like they played the same song over and over. But it was still a lot of fun. We left before the band finished playing because I had to work in the morning. Right behind us sat a group with a seeing eye dog in training. Very cute dog. Do we know anything about training seeing eye dogs? Are there a list of things that dogs must learn how to do? How long are they trained before they are sent to live with their blind person? I may have to research this. These questions plague me. I had to take a picture of the lake from where we sat. It was really pretty. At one point a bunch of people brought their sail boats and canoes and listened from the lake. How pretty is that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment