Wednesday, November 1, 2006

Not getting much done

Fun news: #1 and #2 (principal and asst principal) said that there is a Humanities course that already exists that I could teach if I get kids to sign up. I am so excited. I went back to ask #1 if he was yanking my chain, and he said he wasn't. woohoo

OK, I started this yesterday or the day before, and truthfully, nothing has changed, so I thought I'd just keep going.

Had cult activities last night since Tuesday was Halloween. Low turn out. Oh well.

An interesting side note, the door knob to the bedroom keeps falling off, so I decided to grab one of the crystal doorknobs I had gotten from one of Ann's teardown houses and replace it. Which I did. For some reason, only one side of the door knob turns the catch mechanism. It was on the outside. So, last night when I realized my phone was not in the bedroom charging, I got up to go get it and . . . that's right I found myself trapped in the freaking bedroom. It was a little stressful to say the least. I had NOTHING to get myself free and no way to call anyone. I eventually found a little pocket knife ( I do mean little). After much effort, and a lot of cussing, I got the door open. Thank you, Lord.

Got the phone, put it in the bedroom, turned the knob around and went to bed. This morning when I got up to go potty, I shut the door to keep the warm in the bedroom and off I went, upon my return I discover . . . wait for it . . . some of you have already figured this out . . . that's right, now I am trapped OUTSIDE of my bedroom. Can't open the door at all. Oh, and my tools are all still at Jon-David's . . . and don't forget the phone is INSIDE the bedroom. Holy snot, I cannot catch a break. Strangely enough, I finally find a pocket knife that happens to have a mini pliers? Whatever I finally got the door open . . .did I mention the animals were still in the bedroom at the time?

Fun adventures at 711.

Today is the English department meeting. Should be all sorts of fun. I will be remaining quiet today. Hey, keep your rude comments to yourself.

Tonight is the last home game. Very exciting because I hear the new band director is bringing back the drum dance . . . that is when four boys raise a big drum on its side with a girl in a kilt on top. She then dances on the top of the drum, a little scottish jig.

Oh, and no I haven't done a damn thing to the house this week. Next week I take kids to Nashville Wed - Sun. So, won't be getting much done then either.

1 comment:

  1. For those who were surprised/amazed by my capacity to get into the meeting room and start the coffee in the wee hours during our retreat....I need to point them to this entry for the bedroom doorknob saga. I'm glad you persevered!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete