Monday, November 13, 2006

But wait, there's more

So, we get on the airplane to fly home. Did I mention that on the way to Nashville and on the way back Scoobie Doo got on the plane before the kids did? So much for being sure the ducklings are on the plane. In Nashville coming back, he was walking away from security with two kids left in line to go through security.

I slept the whole way home. I had two of my migraine pills in me, so I was pretty loopy. Once in Dallas, I told the kids they needed to let us know when they were leaving. Not sure he would have done that. I spoke to the two sets of parents and gave them the information I'd been given.

I am standing on the curb waiting for the bus to take me to A (I hate departing from one terminal and arriving in another!) when I see Scoobie getting reading to get in a car and drive off (he had to get a ride from one of the student's to the high school.) He says his wife is smart but describes a woman that is too stupid to get from Preston and 380 to the airport. huh. She actually seemed capable to me, but what do I know.

At any rate, I look at him, look at the student he is about to leave standing on the curb with no parent in sight, then look at him again. He starts to stutter, I'll stay with him. No, No, I'll do it. Unbelievable he was going to leave this kid.

I got home tired and ready to go to bed. Jon-David was waiting since I didn't have a key to the house. He ended up leaving shortly after I got there. Men, what a beating.

I got to school early so that I could get the referrals completed before the first parent meeting at 8am.

I was busy all day. Egads. I have a meeting scheduled with the principal and one of the assistants about the serious concerns I have about Scoobie's ability to take kids on a trip alone.

I was supposed to get a lot of unpacking done tonight, but it's not looking good. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment