Thursday, November 9, 2006

Nashville is a happening town

The day started out in a less than spectacular fashion. We had a day tour of Nashville scheduled for 9am. If I read the e-ticket, I would have seen and noted that we were to meet at 8:30 and where.

Instead we had everyone meet in the front lobby at 8:50. Of course two of the newspaper kids didn't show up on time because they didn't wake up. (I did wake them a little after 8:30, but that wasn't enough it turns out. In the meantime, the 3 girls I brought came down even later than the boys did too. I asked the bell hops where we were to pick up the bus, and he sent us in the exact opposite direction from where we were supposed to be. It was like a comedy of errors, but without the comedy.

Once we were on the bus things did begin looking up. It was a good tour. We stopped at the old Opry house, the Country Music Hall of Fame and a "honky tonk". The hotel is ridiculously large. So large, my little feet are sore from walking from one end to the other. The Gaylord Opryland is large, and the cost of the rooms is paying for all the stuff outside the rooms, not in.

The former amusement park for children, "Opryland" has become an amusement park for women, "a mall." So we went there and walked around. That thing is huge. I'm very tired, and so I must go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment