Monday, November 20, 2006

I love two day weeks

Last week was the first week that I actually had time to work on unpacking since moving into the new casa. I finally got to start unpacking!!

Some where in here Ann and Mike came over so Mike could check out the heating unit. He declared it good to go, and I have heat!! It brings tears of joy to my eyes. Now the weird part is that the front room is the warmest room in the house. I can't decide if it is because there is something funky going on with the heating ducts or what. Who cares. I have heat!

Friday night I got home with a plan to walk the dog and immediately head out to meet some friends. I got distracted because I started talking to my NEIGHBORS. That's right. I have friendly hanging out, talking to each other (in English) neighbors. woowee.

Saturday I worked a little on the house then headed up to school to meet with the editors who wanted to get some work done. (I'm trying to be a good example for scoobie instead of my usual example of what NOT to do.) It is very tiresome.

In the afternoon I started to mow (I hadn't mowed since I'd moved in) and th stupid crappy mower wouldn't work. So, I went to Home Depot and bought a new one for $200. It is awesome. On the way home I stopped off at Burgundy's and she helped me put it together. Went home mowed the lawn. Fantabulous.

Saturday night I went over to Roseanne's, and we had healthy salad and cosmo's for dinner.

Sunday morning, a little church, a little more church, then clean, clean, clean. I mowed the back yard, filled up five huge bags with leaves. Sooooo many leaves. It was crazy.

Diane came over and helped me get the kitchen together. I had not been able to get myself to do anything. So, it was quite useful to have someone come over and start telling me what to do.

I'm not sure what I would do without my friends. Curl into the fetal position most likely.

Scoobie called in sick this morning. He didn't have a sub at about 7:30, but luckily someone got it by the middle of first. I'm very annoyed. If he isn't here tomorrow, he'd better be prepared to barf a lung.

I'm hoping to get a bunch more done tonight. I'm working on a box of things to sell in the mother of all garage sales. I want to get the house back to looking organized so that I can put up the Christmas decorations!!

Off I go, things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment