Thursday, November 9, 2006

It's like watching a car wreck

I had a phone call from my friend Roseanne yesterday telling me to check my email.

Scooby Doo has sent an email to the entire school with the name of a student at the top (total no no) defending her honor as it were against allegations of not taking good notes basically. Let me back up so you realize what a big deal just got made of a very little thing.

Student is writing an article about X. She interviews a mom that is in charge of this activity and a department chair that has a lot to do with it.

After the article comes out, the mom sends an email to the department chair saying she is disappointed and upset because many of the facts were wrong. The department chair forwards the email to scoobie and says this is an example of no harm done, but I thought you would want to see this and use it as a teachable moment with the student.

He brought the student in, checked notes, la de la de la and finds that he thinks her notes are good no problem.

He tried to call the mom back schedule a meeting etc. but the mom is working on the big activity X and it's not that big of a deal, so she says she doesn't have time.

In the meantime, I don't know what is going on with the student and parents but he has them allllllll freaked out that she won't get into NHS and that all of her teachers are talking about her etc etc. I don't know why he doesn't calm them down and say don't worry about, I'll take care of it. I don't know why he doesn't come talk to me.

He sends an email to this mom and the dept chair about the importance of meeting etc etc. Copies the principal. Principal asks me to translate what the heck the email means (Scoobie is no better at responding with the email attached so people can follow the strain of the conversation that he is at responding to all.)

He doesn't hear from the dept chair or the mom because the dept chair is out of the building mon -wed at meetings and the mom is very busy getting the fa la la together that was on Thursday.

So, he sends an email to the entire school. (There are district personnel on hs list as well) titles it the name of the child, and goes into great detail into the accusations that include many slams to the parent (basically saying she has lied and failed to behave in a professional manner).

If the boy still has his head when we get back it will be a miracle.

1 comment:

  1. I am finally all caught up.

    Am I supposed to know who Scoobie Doo is?

    You make my life seem so ordinary.
    And normal.
    And rational.
    And are you coming for Thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete