Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hot, Flat and Crowded

I woke up with a headache. Ignored the dogs for as long as I could before throwing them in the kitchen. Ignored them some more before dragging myself in to watch a little tv after taking some Advil. I'm watching "Meet the Press." Thomas Friedman was just on (He wrote "The World is Flat.") His new book "Hot, Flat and Crowded" is out September 8. I yearn to read it, but since I sat down and worked on my finances last night and faced the sad truth that I'm living way beyond my means, I'll have to wait until someone who loves me finishes reading it and passes it along. It's not a subtle hint, but it is sincere.

There have been a gazillion energy commercials on during the show. Perhaps they should put more energy commercials on during the evening as most of America sits on its collective behinds watching American Idol etc.

Today is not looking good as far as accomplishing much. At this point I'll be impressed with myself if I manage to get the sheets changed before the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment