Thursday, September 4, 2008

Going to Georgia

Because I am such a good friend : ) I went to Fort Benning, Georgia with my friend Roseanne to watch her son, Drew, graduate from basic training before he headed off to college at Texas Tech. She was very proud, and after 15 weeks, he was very lean. A lean mean fighting machine. The first day we walked around Columbus (not a lot to see as it turns out). It was Drew's first walk in the outside world since he had arrived at Fort Benning in June. I was very proud of the fact I was able to figure my way around the base because of visiting MaryBeth at her many locations around the world. We did stop on our cruise through town long enough to get a photo of the "LSU" house. We both thought of Dad and how he would enjoy living in and/or across the street from a house with such lovely colors . . . On our return trip, I took a gander out the window of the airport to contemplate the hard work of our local baggage handlers. I had to take a photograph because I was so impressed. I hope you can see the arrows. The first arrow points to the baggage handler at the end of the machine ready to catch the bags at a moments notice and toss them onto the little truck to be delivered to all of the passages. The second arrow points to the ONLY PIECE OF LUGGAGE on the machinery. Once he caught it and tossed it, another appeared. . . ONE AT A FREAKING TIME. I don't know how Southwest airlines ever gets ontime arrival status if that is how slowly luggage is unloaded before the plane takes off for its next stop. Yowza. Impressively slow. That is all I'm saying!

No comments:

Post a Comment