Monday, January 21, 2008

Inservice at the high school

As always a beating.

Well, to start, I was in trouble before 8:30am. It was ridiculous. We are in a room with maybe 25 chairs. We all start filling in, and as many do, we started filling in from the back. Asst principal comes in with some lady (who I don't notice I would like to point out). She starts telling us to move forward. Honestly, we are there aren't we? On time?? For the love of God, leave us alone. So, I might have snarled a little bit that it was two feet what was the big deal with the two feet. I'm then requested to go into the hall so that she could tell me that the instructor came into the room and immediately commented on the fact we were all in the back. I have to tell you that annoyed the heck out of me too. Seriously, why couldn't she just be happy we were there?

Grrr.

So, the lady teaching the class kept telling these horrible stories that lasted 20 minutes to make a 20 second point. She asked everyone at one point to talk about the last fight that they got into with their significant other . . . shoot me.

So, we are in there all day to talk about the open-ended short answer response (sounds like fun doesn't it? I just love TAKS.) At one point, she makes us all do a short answer response and turn it in. After lunch, we starts going through them. Two points I would like to make.

1. Most of them were AWFUL. Seriously, it is embarrassing that this is what the teachers were dong. The lady was totally clear about what we were supposed to do. People weren't using words correctly etc.

2. Preface: So on the left side of the room sit many English teachers that I believe are pretentious and full of themselves. I believe it was quite a surprise to them to discover that they would make 1's on the test. I asked if the lady would grade mine. I was interested to see if I had done it right. Turns out . . . I would have gotten a 3 . . cause I freaking rock.

The weird part is that Lisa saw mine and then started laughing. She made me find hers . . . she had done the exact same thing. Same quotes and everything. Freaky, eh?

I'm sure it burned the butts of many of them that I got a 3, nanny, nanny boo boo I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment