Sunday, January 13, 2008

The first week . . .

What a beating. That is all I can say. Such a beating, in fact, that it is Sunday evening before I can even stop to write.

Monday was busy as hell. We had TONS of proofs waiting for us, I hadn't had a chance to do anything for second semester of English so that didn't go well either. sigh.

Tuesday I woke up with a headache. Not good. By the time I got to school I was thinking I needed to take one of my migraine pills, but did I have one of my migraine pills. Nope, nothing. I survived first, but by second I thought I was going to die. Hurling by the middle of the class, called downstairs and begged for a sub. Kathy called me back and said I could leave, a sub was on the way. I don't know how I drove home. I got sick again (at least I made it in the house, but it was close.) I slept most of the day. Great, one day lost.

Wednesday, I made it back to life although I did take a couple of my migraine pills during the day, so I made it through the day, although I was still totally behind.

Thursday. More proofs arrived. Shoot me dead.

Friday. Still working like a dog on the yearbook. I didn't get diddly done on the real estate book all week. After school I went to Marguarita Ranch with a couple of other teachers, but I only lasted about thirty minutes before I was dragging and ready to be home.

Saturday was the baby shower for Tina, MaryBeth's sister-in-law. I showed up totally early so that I could hang with MaryBeth and Sandy and her kids. We had a lot of fun.

I spoke to my neighbor, Emily, this morning. Her mom died at 3am Sunday morning. The funeral is at 2pm Tuesday in Waco. So, I need to get a sub a 1/2 day to leave by noon to head to Waco. Now I canceled my meeting with the boys last week because of hurling. This week, I'm canceling again. Actually I'm going to try to schedule them Monday evening.

I did manage to get a lot done today. Finished critiquing two yearbooks that were supposed to be done Friday (last). Finished a college rec that isn't due until the 15th, but my precious child is a little worried that I'm not going to get it done. HA. I did laundry and packed my bags for the Video tech trip that I leave for Wednesday morning. Be right back. Had to take a minute to hypervenilate on that one. I also got a little bit done on the book. Not a lot. But a bit.

Oh, the one piece of good news is that I was supposed to teach a class at inservice next Monday. It was a class on two programs that I am supposed to be using with the 4th grade teacher at Armstrong I've been working with this year, but we have never gotten either program to work. I called the head of the inservice classes and begged him to let us cancel, and he did. Go team.

I'm sure there is more, but I seriously can't remember it. It all became a blur at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment