Monday, April 23, 2012

Sharks can be stupid and juvenile or the story of Fishface

So, by this week I thought I was down to one shark, Austin, which was fine and dandy cause I could tell, he was the shark I was most interested in. I thought Fishface had gone away...but no.

Fishface had been texting me while I was in Seattle, but he wrote a text Saturday night "I know you are probably tired of me rambling and tired in general. Goodnight beautiful"...to which I responded Good night. because I actually was tired, and I didn't really focus on the entire message. I realized afterwards that perhaps he was insecure looking for reassurance...oops.

Didn't hear from him until Wednesday when he texted asking if we were still on. Sure, I thought what the heck. I've had a hard week, dinner might be entertaining. Besides, I need stuff for my blog.  That turned out to be a huge pain in the ass because then he texts "I get off work at 6 and work in Plano next to the shops." Nice declarative statement, but what the  hell am I supposed to do with that? So, I can't get him to give me any info. I finally choose Cantina Laredo.

He's on time. That's a plus. We sit down. He can't hear anything I say. Then he tells me he has a 75% hearing loss in the ear closest to me. WTF? You can't mention when you are MAKING me choose a restaurant that you can't hear? Might not have chosen the tile floor restaurant...or  how about asking to sit on the other side of me ..SO YOU CAN HEAR.

I order a mojito because Friday had totally sucked and required alcohol. He ordered a mojito too. Huh?

He's lived in Texas since 2003...I ordered tortilla soup...he orders queso ...for dinner. Honest to God, it arrives and he sticks his spoon in it. I couldn't stop myself "You know that is a dip for chips, right." Oh, I thought it was chili....chilli con queso. ?????  I ask him what he usually eats. He says German ...really?  This long in Texas and you don't know what queso is? So, then he orders the tortilla soup. The date ended in 58 minutes. 56 minutes too long. Then, the worst part? Apparently I was seen because I had like 15 text messages from students. All started with ARE YOU ON A DATE.  auuuggghhhh No, not anymore I'm not.

Within an hour he sends a text "so what did you think?" You have got to be kidding me. By Sunday I am ready to respond, " Hi Fishface, I think you are a really nice guy, but we aren't a good fit. Thank you very much for dinner. It was nice. The right girl is out there, just keep looking." He responding within seconds. "LMAO, who is this?"  Really? Are you kidding me? This, you insecure little dumbass is the girl that knows what queso is. Didn't send that but really wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment