Sunday, February 10, 2008

A night in Topeka

Well, I managed to get to Kinko's before going to the airport to run copies of the real estate book for my meeting with the boys on Tuesday and to send a copy to M and D so that they can begin their proofreading : )

Got to the airport, girls all showed up, made it on the plane. Got to say, I'm not a fan of Southwest anymore. I just hate that free for all seating. I got through about 1/3 of the plane, when I realized that we were not going to be together. So I decided it was every man for himself. At that point, I just wanted to find a sit that was not in between two oversized people making the plane ride most uncomfortable. I was in the third row from the back. America is definitely eating a lot of biggie meals.

Got to Kansas City. Had to go to the bathroom. I'm racing along, pass the mens and go into the womens. Only problem, not the womens. It took my little wee brain a few seconds to realize I was in the mens restroom staring at the urinals and the back of some men. oops.

That was awkward. We then got a rental car and headed to Topeka. (Did I mention that when we got our luggage, I had to pause a moment to put on a fleece, a coat, socks and warm boots. It's a little cold here!

Got to the hotel, very nice, and Jostens had bags of goodies for the girls and I. How sweet is that? Then we met up with Vickie, customer service manager at the plant, and went to dinner at Outback Steak House.

Now the girls and I are watching Enchanted. We are supposed to go to the plant at 9am. Then back to Dallas at 8pm tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment