Sunday, February 18, 2007

4pm Sunday Afternoon

I have graded a ton, but sadly, there is still more. I haven't looked at a single proof yet, and I haven't made the list of interview questions that MUST be sent in the morning. And since tomorrow is an inservice day, I won't be able to get anything done. They are so cranky about us doing other things during the instruction.

Mom and Dad came by to drop off mail and I took them to the Garden Cafe for lunch. Nice little walk around the corner, and voila, lunch.

Late yesterday afternoon, I got to meet with Dr. Michael Scott Raines, my researcher extraordinaire for the book. He has done a ton of research and given me lots to work with. That took about 2 hours, and I was really tired afterwards, so I went to bed fairly early.

I called Roto-Rooter to come "clean out my lines" because when the toilet is flushed the bathtubs gurgle. After about 3 hours and over $400.00 (what a racket), I have been informed that I have about a month of clean lines before the tree standing over part of the line inserts its little root back in.

Oh, and he discovered a leak from the bathtub.

In addition, the cult is having a party tonight. It would be quite likely that I would skip it, because it is a "fun" event and I have work to do, but I have already gotten a phone call from my friend Deborah verifying that I would be going. Hmmmm, how did she know to do that?

Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment