Sunday, April 30, 2006

Reality Bites

There is no other appropriate title.

First, a man came and did the first estimate for a new fence. $5,000 is definitely more than I am keen to pay.

Second, I received an email letting me know that comps in my area are selling for $186,000 at the most. Grrrr. So, that puts me in a pickle. I want to sell it for much more!

Then I went to see the house off lovers. It rather brought reality screetching to my doorstep. $170,000 for a very, very small abode. The washing machine was in the kitchen, no dryer and no dishwasher. I'm not sure I can suffer that much.

So, then I went over to "Little Forest Hills" today. It is about 15-12 minutes from school, so I'm not sure of what it would be like during traffic hours. The houses are also small, but very cute and across from the arboretum. Maybe I can manage to find one large enough to suit my needs.

I finally got around to mowing the lawn today. The weeds were becoming taller than the car. Next weekend, flowers.

1 comment:

  1. No dryer? I can see you getting by with no dishwasher.... but reduced laundry services??? Proceed carefully! :)

    ReplyDelete