Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Plan

On my flight to San Francisco, I organized all of the things I need to do to my house to get it ready to sell. My plan is to return to Dallas and immediately begin working on the list in an organized fashion. Sadly I have a tendancy to make very left brain plans and then get distracted mightly quickly away from the plan.

I have been studying the sales prices of houses in the area. I think I want to list mine at a price that is a little high. Is it wrong to think that my house is actually NICER than the other houses? Doesn't matter it is true. So, I'm hoping that prices come up just a little bit before I am actually ready to put the house on the market.

I want to put the house on the market the first of June. I've studied For Sale By Owner, and I think that might be another great option for me. I can pay $500.00 and have my house on MLS for 6 months, plus get some other add-ins too.

In the meantime, I'm looking at properties near HP and finding that I might be the tiniest bit out of my price range for a lot of the houses. For instance, I took a couple of pictures when I was cruising through Bluff View with Ann. This house has a great lot, but it is about 1100 sq ft selling for 197,000. The bad part is currently I have 1800 sq ft, so I will definitely be downsizing. No matter, fixing up the house is the first thing. That's a good idea no matter what.

I'll keep working on the second part of the plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment