Sunday, December 25, 2011

Tonights fun and games

The phone rings as I am approaching the dinner table. Now, I had been told dinner would be at 5pm. It is now after 6pm. I had planned to meet up with some friends after dinner. So, I race to the phone. I don't answer but I send a text that say just sitting down to dinner.

As I finish typing my mother says, "I'd really appreciate it if you didn't text during the entire meal."

"I'm sorry have I sat at dinner with you YET and texted through the meal?"

"Well, I don't know."

"You don't know if you have seen me sit at a meal and text? Would you prefer I get up from the table and talk on the phone through the meal time or to send a text that says I can't text? Why is it no matter the situation you always jump to the worst conclusion?"

Cue crickets here.

And then suddenly she wants to be complimentary of my hair and my top and whatever else.

SHOOT. ME.

No comments:

Post a Comment