Friday, July 2, 2010

I'm gonna let you go now"

First, I would like to say, although I am about to go on a total rant, if you are one of the people I love that does this, simply know that I love you despite the fact you do something that drives me totally effing nuts.

So, recently I was talking to a friend of mine who was ready to get off of the phone and let me know that by saying these 6 little words, "I'm gonna let you go now."

Why? Why do people say that? As if they are doing us favors. Because they care so much, they are letting us off the phone. Warms the cockles of my heart when it isn't making me totally and completely insane.

Why not just say, I have to go now, or even the slightly harsher, you bore me and now I'm done talking to you or I need to go clean my bathtub. I don't care. Just don't do me any favors. Sheesh

No comments:

Post a Comment