Thursday, May 6, 2010

Praying for Death

I've been dealing with sinus issues for a couple of weeks. But since my doctor (that I FINALLY made a commitment to after many years of Primacare) has become a "boutique" doctor charging $1,000 a year (but he'll even make house calls), I am back to no doctor.

I say this because yesterday literally in the middle of the day I starting feeling like total dog poop. And, from previous posts, you know I am much too familiar with the sights, sounds and smells of that one. I went to the nurses. They had me gargle with salt water and told me to get zyrtec. I followed their instructions.

Last night I felt wretched. My throat was killing me. In fact, I finally went to sleep and then woke up in the middle of the night because my throat hurt so badly. I popped a hydrocodone, advil, sprayed some of that sore throat spray and did a nose spray then went back to bed. (The BFF had suggested that I go lick the door handle on Mr. Poo Poo Heads vehicle in order to pass this particularly vile illness along to him...I have to admit I went to sleep dreaming of how I could make it work.)

I woke up feeling a little better but still pretty miserable.

Yesterday I was practically psychotically unhappy. I promised the children I would be more cheerful today. This is going to require serious pain meds. Sigh.

There are 22 days until the last day of school...if I live that long.

No comments:

Post a Comment