Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Draft hag and dog haters

I have a lot of blog post drafts. Things that I start to write about but decide, nah. Or, I wander off, forget to finish and then come back and think, no, not so funny.

Let's see if I can get through this one.

I think I mentioned that there are two girls that live behind me that are not in love with Sabrina and Buddy. They wrote me a couple of notes, I responded immediately. Doghater #2 calls, I call back immediately. I got the electronic dog door back from being fixed and installed it immediately so that the dogs wouldn't be outside all of the time. Set the timer so that they would not be able to go outside until late in the afternoon. Seriously, I know the dogs can be annoying, so I have been trying to do what I can. HOWEVER, when she calls and I'm in the middle of class, I really am limited on what I can do at that moment.

Yesterday she calls me at 1:00pm. Her opening gambit? "Do you know why your dog has been barking through the lunch hour?" No, I don't. I can't remember what she said next, but I did tell her I was in the middle of teaching a class and that I had classes all afternoon, so I couldn't get home until school was out. She said something else nasty to me and got off the phone. I talked it over with Blondie, and she said she could watch my class, one of my editors would lead the class (yes, I was actually teaching) and I raced home.

I'm almost there when I get a call from a guy asking if I had two dogs. "Yeessss"
"I just found them running down Greenville Ave." Coincidence? I think not.
So, I get home, and he helps me get them in the house.
Yes, I went straight to Home Depot and bought a lock for the gate.

Then I went back to school and called her several times...no answer. Finally left a nice message asking her to call me back.

Then I called her boss, and I left a nice message saying it was about her employee Dog Hater #2 and could she call me back. (I figured odds are good, she'll call DogHater#2 and ask who I am. If she did call me back, I was just going to ask when a good time to call was because this is the only number I have and I am hard to reach too, so I was hoping to be able to call at a time when she could pick up, benign, but pointed.)

Then this morning I called Dog Hater #2 again. She answered the phone. (Shocking.) I was extremely nice. I started by asking her if she went over to my house after speaking to me. She didn't say no. She didn't ask me why. She said she left the house right after talking to me. (Anyone else think it is interesting that she was pissed I wasn't going straight home yesterday but she left the house immediately so why did it matter? Or that she didn't ask me why I thought she was at my house...) I told her that I wanted to let her know that I checked the timer, and it wouldn't open until 2 and that I went home right after we spoke because I got someone to watch my class. I also mentioned that when I got home there was someone on the front side of one of the houses next door and Buddy does bark if he hears someone... so perhaps he was barking at someone specifically.

She did mention that one day she was so frustrated she posted on Facebook asking for help. So, I found her facebook post:

Need advice: Lady next door has 2 HUGE dogs that bark all hours of the night, and day. When I called her to ask her to put them away, she copped a HUGE attitude and told me to "get over it". She said "I am sorry you hate my dogs, but there is nothing I can do". They bark at NOTHING..(air, wind, butterflies..etc) HELP!She said, "I am a teacher and have long days...what I am supposed to do?"

Really? They don't bark at all hours of the day and night (They are in by 10pm) I guarantee I didn't say get over it. And I might have said there is nothing I can do right now BECAUSE I'M IN THE MIDDLE OF A CLASS.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I did more Google research. She goes by an alias (literally) because under her real name all you find is an incident when she was a teacher (one year) when she had inappropriate relations with a student. Uh, yeah.





No comments:

Post a Comment