Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Yes, I know, it has been a while

Busy as hell people. I am busy as hell. I have been working madly on the house. Had to stop though cause I am teaching at a Journalism workshop Sun - Wednesday. I leave Wednesday for Washington DC to spend time with the Bff and her family.

I have a whole nother post I'm creating in my head on the handyman working on my house. Nice guy, but he is driving me to drink . . . ok, more than I usually do.

In the meantime, the dogs have gone to the Canine Country Club for some r and r. He hasn't worn a collar in years because he gets upset, starts trying to take it off and then gets it caught in his mouth. Distressing for all of us to say the least. So, I bought a collar and a name tag for him and a halter so that if he tried to get the collar off then they could make him wear the halter. ( He used to try to escape all of the time, he really doesn't try any more, but we weren't certain of how he would behave.) So, Cat, is now chilling with the parentals. They have kindly been keeping me up with his happiness.

Cat is so happy - he may not speak to you when you return. I have the bag with the harness & receipt awaiting your return from MB's so you can return it. Of course, one never knows with a cat....he may be just waiting for us to relax and he will try to escape.


This cracks me up. He is a crafty bugger, and certainly he might be trying to lure them into a comfort zone before attempting to exit the premises. However, he is older now and, quite frankly, he enjoys Dad's lap too much to go out into the cruel world.

Another quick side note, if this were big sis's cat, he would be bringing them mice, frogs, birds and other things (some dead/some alive) to show his affection. I may have to remind the parentals about this if they start getting testy about Cat's love of the lap.

No comments:

Post a Comment