Monday, July 13, 2009

I'm in pain and feel like Elvis

I have worked my ass off. It's been 9 days. I have painted the shelves in the closet. Painted the master bedroom. Painted the living room. Gotten two storage units and begun filling them. I have scrubbed floors. I have cleaned, cleaned and cleaned. I have bought everything I need to complete the front bathroom. I have bought the paint to paint the TV room and the kitchen.

I am tired, and I am in pain. Everything hurts. My arms, fingers, head and toes. I have paint all over me. And, I have stuff that I needed to get done tonight.

My plan included taking another round of possessions to the storage unit and critiquing the two yearbooks I told myself I would have critiqued by yesterday, especially since I have two more to do. Auugghhhh.

I am feeling like Elvis because I downing the caffeine and energy drinks to keep me moving during the day. At night I am wired for sound, so I take Tylenol PM, a little nip of vodka and whatever to get to sleep. And then I start over again the next day. Dear Lord, just don't let me die on the toilet.

I have to admit when I first got the idea to sell the house, I was still rolling it around contemplating if I really wanted to do that or not. The more I work on the house, the more I think that it will be such a huge relieve to not have the huge monthly payment and all of the bills that come with it. . .

So, my mom used to say that she feared if she and Dad died and left me money I would take it and buy a big ole house that was falling apart because I fell in love with it. Ironically, I kinda did that. This is an awesome house, and it absolutely has great bones, but it needs so much. All of the cosmetics, but also it desperately needs the things that would make it energy efficient. None of the stuff which I actually have the money to do.

So, I have another long list of stuff to do tomorrow, and the day after, and the day after. But, when it is all said and done, I know the house will look beautiful. And there will be photos to prove it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment