Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Ode to a Gall Bladder

For many years you did your job
and what that was, I had no clue
silent and steady, you worked and worked
processing fat as I grew.

But then I went to Italy
spaghetti, lasagna, pizza, too
It was too much, I see that now
It was too much for you to do.

SO, you cried, "No more, I cannot continue."
and you went on strike, no mas, no more
Many did say, "No biggy, no problem."
Ah, but for me they knew not what was in store.

1 month, maybe 2 till your liver takes over
A little problem, but then it will all be old hat
Oh, how I wish that was the case
Cause 9 months later, I can still eat no fat.

The cramps, the pain, oh you cannot imagine
The rush to the potty with fear in my eyes
Please, Lord, let me make it
So far, he's headed my cries.

Sure, it's all well and good cause I've learned to eat differently
The punishment harsh when I play it wrong
The meds, they do take the edge off,
but between bad choices and punishment, I don't have to wait long

Dear liver, I know you are a busy bee
and if I'd stop drinking
you'd take over, I'd see
but, I continue to drink, it's just what I do
so I shall continue to suffer through trips to the loo.

Written during TAKS testing.

No comments:

Post a Comment