Saturday, December 20, 2008

FYI: Operation Marathon

Well, really it is operation half-marathon, but it doesn't flow as well. Never the less, after watching MB and Mike run the White Rock Half Marathon I am filled with the desire to run 13 miles (something like that).

Some of you may remember that a year ago this time I called MB filled with inspiration because I watched the Marathoners go by on Swiss. I excitedly told MB we had to run it in 08. Apparently she took me seriously because damn if she didn't do it. And she looked GOOD doing it.

So, today I got my running shoes on and hit the pavement. I only ran 25 minutes, but it is 25 more minutes than I have run in a very long time (translate that as more than a year, please . . . maybe even a lot more than a year.)

I am red faced, out of breath and thinking of heaving a lung.

There is a half marathon in Austin the first weekend in April. . . gonna have to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment