Saturday, May 31, 2008

Busy, yet boring

Well, I survived the last day of school. We are down to about 200 books to pass out, which might sound like a lot to the uninitiated but is not very many at all.

One of my editors read something to her class 2nd period. It was like everything I learned in kindergarten, but she did it with yearbook. Very cute, made me a little weepy.

Gave my English exam the last exam period on the last day. So annoying. They actually did better than I expected, except for the few that did exactly as I thought they would do. One of them has started emailing me trying to tell me that he turned in a bunch of work that really wasn't turned in. I wonder how far he and his mother will take this. It makes me sad that he is trying to push the lie.

Graduation was last night. The kids mostly behaved (a few beach balls, but nothing major.)

I walked the dogs a couple of hours ago. It was funny. We did ok most of the way, but then they started laying down every time they got to a shady spot. I finally gave up and just started heading home. Wretched monkeys.

I've been working on the book all day (what is new, I know). Down to the little stuff I guess, but my goal remains to have all of the pdf's created tomorrow.

Did I mention that the house is hot? Turns out I suck at working the a/c unit. It was set at 84 or something like that. crikey. I now have it set for lower, but no idea how long it will take to cool down or if it will stay cool. sigh.

Monday I start working with the kids on next year's book. We'll work through Thursday and then I'll leave to head for Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment