Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Crikey

Soooooo, I had bedcheck duty last night. Of course there had to be a couple of rooms that were wide awake with no intentions of sleeping. I sat in one of the rooms talking to about 6 of them until after midnight. Yawn, yawn. Then I shoo-d them off to bed.

This morning Nikkie wakes me telling me it is 8am, which gave me enough of a start that I was WIDE AWAKE (kinda like the kids at midnight). My phone is stuck on the battery charged screen, and I'm messing with that as I get dressed and get downstairs so I can do the breakfast check.

I get downstairs and the restaurant is totally dark. Hmmm. I get my phone working, and it tells me it is 5:30am. I ask someone. Yes, that is correct 5:30. The wake-up call is supposed to be for 7am. I cannot begin to describe how annoyed I am. Sleep is already a high priced commodity. Loosing it unnecessarily makes me want to cry. It is 5:57 . . . so I still have another hour, but I am so tired I can hardly string enough thoughts together to make a complete sentence.

Have I mentioned yet that we are supposed to be loaded onto the bus for our trip to the airport tomorrow morning at 4:30am????

I can feel myself starting to switch gears and think about what I need to get done when I get back to Dallas. I am ready to be home. I miss my silly dog. and everyone else.

I did get to talk to MaryBeth last night. Yea!! She is in town and picking me up from the airport. Not sure she knows what she is getting!

Less than 24 hours left in London . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment