Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gotta love them where they are

A friend of mine recently gave me this sage advice. I can't remember what I was kvetching about, but that was her response.

I realized later that it was a pretty good philosphy for me to follow across the board.

I'm thinking about all of the times I get frustrated with people and/or annoyed, and I realize often it is when people don't do things the way I would do them or respond to things in ways I think they should.

Certainly my parents have puzzled me for quite some time. Instead of constantly being annoyed about their unwillingness to talk about things that have happened or frustrated by the way they do things, I just need to love them where they are.

We're all in different places in our own journeys through life.  If I can remember to just let go and love people where they are, maybe I'll be less fraught with tension. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment