Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snow Day #3

It's hard to remember back to Monday at this point and know I was practically on bended knee PRAYING for a snow day. Just one Lord, just give me one day. And, I say again, things like this are how I know that God has a sense of humor. Because he didn't give me ONE snow day, but three. I'll admit, Tuesday was delightful. My car was snug in the garage, which was fine except that the gate out of the property was broken, so in the event of an emergency, I would have been walking. Buddy and I snuggled all day. I had food, hot chocolate and Baileys. I knew my original plan involved getting stuff done, but what the heck, it was a snow day.

Wednesday I went ahead and got a couple of things done, but mostly hung out. Towards the end of the day, I was starting to get a little bored. Feeling a little trapped. I knew by 5pm that school was cancelled for the next day, and I admit I was a little worried. No food. No Baileys. No exit. No good could come from this.

Thursday. Called the landlord immediately about the gate. Love them. They called back immediately they were sending someone. So bored, I decided to do laundry. That was a mistake as it turns out because I went out to the garage aaaannnndddd it was totally flooded. Oopsy. So, I got to spend a good portion of the morning moving stuff around in the garage and trying to sweep up the water. I now have blankets and towels all over the kitchen, none of which can be washed just yet, the garage is a total mess, so my car won't be going back in any time soon.

I realized as I was cleaning that I was feeling mighty crampy because nothing goes with a bad day like having cramps.

Good news: the gate did get fixed and Buddy and I took a little trip. I got crawfish etouffe for lunch and stuff to make "special hot chocolate for mommy" ...for the rest of the day.

By 2pm I had bathed to warm up my body, eaten lunch, and re-situated my happy butt on the big comfy chair with Buddy.

Dare I confess that I am ready to go back to school. It will be INSANE tomorrow, but one more day here, and I'll be insane.
P.S. saw Reds last night (Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Helen Mirren, John Malcovich, Mary Louise Parker) very cute. Glad I saw it. You should see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment